How we can help you?
As a medical biller, one of the main services We provide is coding and billing. This involves assigning the correct codes for medical procedures and submitting claims to insurance companies for reimbursement.
In order to accurately code and bill for a medical service, We will first review the patient’s medical records and treatment notes to determine the exact procedures that were performed. We will then use specialized software to assign codes from the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and International Classification of Diseases (ICD) codes, which are the standard codes used in the medical billing industry.
Once the codes have been assigned, We will then submit claims to insurance companies on behalf of the healthcare provider. This includes verifying insurance coverage, calculating patient financial responsibility and submitting claims electronically to the insurance payers.
In addition to coding and billing, We also provide services such as claim management, accounts receivable management, compliance, reporting, revenue cycle management, EHR management and consulting services. All these services help to ensure that healthcare providers receive the reimbursement they are entitled to in a timely manner and that they are in compliance with regulations.
Why Medical Coding and Billing is Important?
- Accurate reimbursement: Proper coding ensures that healthcare providers receive the correct reimbursement for the services they have provided. Insurance companies use codes to determine how much they will pay for a particular service, so accurate coding is essential for ensuring that healthcare providers receive the correct reimbursement.
- Compliance with regulations: Coding and billing must be in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations. Failure to comply with regulations can result in denied claims, fines, and even legal action.
- Data collection and analysis: Coding and billing information is used to collect data on healthcare utilization and costs, which is used for research, policy development, and payment reform.
- Identify patterns and trends: By analyzing billing data, healthcare providers can identify patterns and trends in patient care, which can be used to improve quality, reduce costs and increase revenue.
- Revenue Cycle Management: Proper coding and billing helps to ensure that revenue is collected promptly and fully. This is essential for the financial health of healthcare providers, as they rely on reimbursement from insurance companies to cover their expenses.
- Electronic Health Records (EHRs): Coding and billing are important for maintaining accurate EHRs and ensuring that they are compliant with regulations.
- Better Communication: Proper coding and billing help to ensure that there is clear communication between healthcare providers and insurance companies, which helps to prevent denied claims and delays in reimbursement.